Greta P. HicksLinkedin
Greta is a former IRS Revenue Agent and Regional Training Coordinator. After a stint as tax manager for Ernst & Young, Greta started her own business and for 34 years her CPA practice has been limited to representing persons who have IRS problems. She is the author of “IRS Examination and Appeals Procedures” on www.CCH.com as well as, pilot tester of on-line continuing education courses for Thomson-Reuters. Greta has authored a number of continuing education courses on IRS practice & procedures and articles are regularly published in professional as well as trade magazines. Ms Hicks has traveled the US and taught Tax Update Seminars as well as various Inside the IRS topics.
Greta has been active in the Texas Society of CPAs for 40 years and has served on the IRS Relations Committee, on the Editorial Board of the TSCPAs and was the Tax Editor of Today’s CPA. Her activities for the Houston Chapter of CPAs included Coordinator of Houston’s IRS/Practitioner Study Group, Relations with Taxing Entities Committee, Teaching Taxes Committee, plus the Spring EXPO and Tax EXPO Committees.Writing Credits Include
- “Examination and Appeals Procedures,” Tax Practice Areas, Tax Practice and Procedure Commentaries, CCH Tax Research NetWork, http://tax.cchgroup.com/.
- “Taxpayer Rights,” Journal of Tax Practice and Procedure, a bi-monthly journal published by CCH INCORPORATED, April/May 2005
- “New Preparer Standards,” Today’s CPA, Jan/Feb 2008, Texas Society of CPAs bi-monthly publication.
Web based tax preparation software design and testing for H. D. Vest, seminar outlines for Sidney Kess, “tax tips” for www.asbaonline. self study continuing education books, booklets and web content for the American Small Business Association www.asbaonline.org, and numerous articles for technical, professional, trade and business publications.
Ms. Hicks was the top graduating senior and holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in Accounting from the University of Tulsa. She is a licensed CPA in the State of Texas.Memberships
- Houston Chapter of the Texas Society of CPAs
- Texas Society of CPAs
- Outstanding Instructor for National Society of Tax Professionals, 1994
- Woman of Excellence for the American Society of Women Accountants and
- Federation of Houston Professional Women, 1995
- Firm Spotlight, “The IRS Hoisted by It’s Own Petard,” The Practical Accountant, Jan.1996
- IRS: Revenue Agent, Group Manager, Training & Recruitment Coordinator, Houston
- Ernst & Young, Tax Manager, Houston