Form 1099 Update
- Webinar Date: September 25, 2018
- Webinar Time: 1:00pm - 2:40pm EDT live
- Guest Speaker: Steven Mercatante
- Industry: Taxation and Accounting
- Credit: CPE 2.0
With constant revisions to Form 1099 and the related rule changes, it is crucial to remain up-to- date with the current information reporting laws to avoid those dreaded penalties and interest not to mention the time consumed to make corrections.
Everything you need to know to prepare the Latest 1099 Forms
- Changes to Forms 1099 and what information you need to be in compliance
- What to do if payments include both goods and services
- Rentals of personal property vs rentals of real property
- Payments to Attorneys & Health Care Professionals
- Judgment Payments and Forms 1099
Strategies to Remain Compliant with Proper Policies & Procedures
- What is reportable and which Form 1099 to use
- Information reporting to non-profits
- Information reporting to Corporations, LLCs & other tricky classifications
- Updates on various 1099 forms and their respective reporting requirements
- Determine which form to use and what amounts are reportable
- Overview of latest penalty increases for noncompliance and possible abatement of penalties
- Tips for developing information reporting office procedures which reflect due diligence onthe part of the payer
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for Convey Compliance Systems, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow, Progressive Business Conferences, The Center For Competitive Management,... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or email@example.com.