27th and 53rd payroll
Depending on an employer pay cycle of either weekly or bi-weekly pay the calendar will have an extra pay date in certain years. This webinar will give the tools to make sure you know how to analyze and determine what items to review to make sure that the final payroll in the year is correct all the while working on normal year end tasks.
Tools that will be offered is to know how to analyze your specific payroll process to determine what tasks need to be changed or modified because of an additional payroll.
We will also discuss how to work with business partners to ensure an accurate payroll check and communications to employees that may be necessary.
- Review of project plans how to have a good one that can assist with those final payroll tasks and updates.
- Review of technology options that can assist
- Review special pay or company specific payroll concerns that could affect the 26th and 53rd payroll process.
- Analyze the impact of the 27/53rd payday
- Project Plans and should you have one
- Business Partners to partner with
- Technology Considerations
- Special Pay Considerations
Dayna is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teach... View Full Profile