Excel Agility: Gaining Control of Large Spreadsheets
- Webinar Date: November 1, 2017
- Webinar Time: 1:00pm - 2:40pm EDT live
- Guest Speaker: David Ringstrom
- Industry: Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Taxation and Accounting
- Credit: CPE 2.0
As Excel expert David Ringstrom says, “Either you work Excel or it works you.” After attending his presentation, you’ll be aware of techniques and keyboard shortcuts that will help you gain control of large spreadsheets, save time, avoid repetitive tasks, and improve the integrity of your workbooks.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Topics Typically Covered:
• Saving time when aggregating data from multiple worksheets with Excel’s INDIRECT function.
• Understanding Excel’s Freeze Panes feature
• Understanding the difference between manual and automatic calculation modes in Excel.
• Learning how to deal with annoying changes to Print Preview in Word 2010 and later.
• Seeing how to view two worksheets from within the same workbook at the same time.
• Using the Group and Ungroup feature to expand or collapse rows and/or columns.
• Learning the power—and the risks—of grouping worksheets.
• Double-click tricks for navigating within a large worksheet.
• Using the Watch Window to easily monitor the ramifications of even minor changes to your workbooks.
• Using Excel’s OFFSET function to dynamically reference data from one or more accounting periods.
• Using Excel’s Custom Views feature to hide and unhide multiple worksheets with ease.
• Using the SUM Function to drill through two or more worksheets.
• Define how to use the Watch Window feature to monitor and navigate to key worksheet cells.
• Apply the Custom Views feature to manage the hidden/visible status of columns, rows, worksheets, print settings, and more.
• State how the INDIRECT worksheet function simplifies creating summary worksheets.