Excel - Business Intelligence - Creating a Dashboard
- Webinar Date: September 6, 2017
- Webinar Time: 1:00pm - 2:40pm EDT live
- Guest Speaker: Mike Thomas
- Industry: Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Taxation and Accounting
- Credit: CPE 2.0
In this training session, you'll learn how to create a stunning, interactive professional-looking dashboard using Excel. This training will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own dashboards and reports.
This training focuses on what you need to know to create an interactive professional-looking dashboard using Excel. You'll learn how to: make the dashboard maintenance-free when new data becomes available; create the pivot tables needed to drive the dashboard; create great looking visuals; add interactivity using slicers; automate elements of the dashboard with a macro and protect the cells containing critical formulas.
No matter what business you are in, a dashboard is a critical tool in your communication armory and as with any communication tool, presentation is everything. Although there are many tools that can be used to create a dashboard, Excel is commonly used due to it’s power, it’s flexibility and the fact that most people have it installed on their computer.
- Best practice for setting up data sources
- Using Pivot Tables to summarize data
- Visual communication using charts
- Creating a rolling 30-day summary
- Using formulas to create KPI summaries
- Creating interactive filters with Slicers
- Automating the dashboard with a simple macro
- Using protection to prevent accidental changes
Who should attend
This webinar is for any user of Excel who wants to learn how to create Excel dashboards. You should have an intermediate level of Excel knowledge and preferably know how to create a basic pivot table. The training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows. However, much of the functionality is available in Excel 2013 and 2010.