When you attend this live webcast, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, will take you step-by-step through the process of creating accounting reports for any month of the year on just one worksheet. Instead of building worksheets for each month of the year, which can be cumbersome to revise, David explains how to employ such Excel functions as VLOOKUP, OFFSET, and SUM, to create accounting reports that allow you to switch to any reporting period with only two mouse clicks. In addition, he discusses exporting data from your accounting package, improving the integrity of your spreadsheets, incorporating Check Figures and Alarms into you work, and more.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He draws your attention to any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Topics Typically Covered:
• Seeing how to use the Trusted Document feature in Excel 2010 and later to suppress the Data Connection security prompt.
• Using Excel’s OFFSET function to dynamically reference data from one or more accounting periods.
• Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
• Creating an in-cell list by way of Excel’s Data Validation feature.
• Discovering how to incorporate Check Figures and Alarms into your work.
• Learning why, in many cases, you should export reports intended for spreadsheet analysis to a .CSV file instead of an Excel workbook.
• Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
• Using Conditional Formatting to draw attention to reports that don’t balance to the source data.
• Define how to create accounting reports for any month of the year on a single worksheet.
• Apply Conditional Formatting to draw attention to reports that don’t balance to the source data.
• State how to export data from an accounting package to create a “set-and-forget” link to accounting data in Excel.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on ... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.