Drafting Legally Sound Job Descriptions
- Webinar Date: March 8, 2018
- Webinar Time: 1:00pm - 2:30pm EST live
- Guest Speaker: Marty Heller
- Industry: Human Resources
- Credit: HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5
Drafting job descriptions is complicated and can increase legal risks for an organization if done improperly. In addition, improperly or haphazardly drafted job descriptions can have negative practical implications from a human resources perspective. This job descriptions webinar will provide everything you need to know to minimize legal risks and maximize employee performance.
- Understand the practical and legal traps related to poorly drafted job descriptions
- Learn to avoid wording that can lead to and support discrimination claims when drafting job descriptions
- Understand the role of job descriptions in avoiding and defending ADA and FMLA claims
- Maintain an employee’s at-will status when drafting job descriptions
- Learn how to minimize FLSA issues when drafting job descriptions
- Understand that job descriptions are legal documents used as evidence in lawsuits and administrative proceedings
Marty Heller is Of Counsel with the firm’s Atlanta office. Marty represents public and private employers on a national, regional, and local basis in all aspects of employment litigation, including wage and hour claims, employment discrimination claims, family and medical leave claims, and employment based contractual disputes. Marty also devotes much of his practice to providing general counseling and employment advice to employers on their day-to-day employment issues, and on the implementatio... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.