Realistic Job Previews: A Tactic for Managing Turnover
Realistic Job Previews (RJP’s) are becoming an increasingly popular tool to improve employee selection effectiveness and reduce turnover. Hiring the right person is critical and RJP’s are one way to reduce turnover, align expectations, improve engagement, and support company brand. Even during times when good candidates are in short supply there is no value in hiring someone who is not good fit. We all know that a poor fit results in dissatisfaction, misalignment, and ultimately higher turnover.
RJP’s are a way to assure that both the company and candidate are clear about the key components of the job. In one study recent candidates were asked what they wanted from an employer. The number one response (84%) was ‘good insight into the role’. In another study, the number one reason for turnover (48% of respondents) was that the reality of the job did not match employee’s expectations. RJP’s solve this problem.
RJP’s are a relatively easy way to positively reduce turnover with the side benefit of improving engagement and supporting your onboarding program. This webinar will provide you the answers so that you can create an effective Realistic Job Preview for your company.
· Understand the connection between RJP’s and engagement
· Learn how RJP’s manage candidate expectations
· Understand how RJP’s inoculate new employees to workplace challenges
· Learn how RJP’s support and align with the companies mission, vision, and values
· Receive the 6 characteristics of a good RJP
· Learn how RJP’s can actually attract candidates to take on the challenges of your workplace
· Understand the value of self-selection and candidate empowerment
· Understand the link between employee self-selection and employee retention
What you will receive:
Copy of the PowerPoint materials
27 Examples of RJPs that you can use