Trump Immigration Reform: What Can Employers Expect and How to Prepare
With a new president, a new Form I-9 and possible work visa changes, the next four years will be interesting for immigration. In this session, we will discuss Trump’s immigration reform, planning ahead for work visas, green card processing, as well as a discussion of specific actions employers should take now in preparation of likely changes to come. We will also discuss how to complete the new I-9 and avoid government fines.
Topic covered include:
- The status of immigration related Executive Orders on immigration, including the travel ban
- Possible changes to the H-1B work visa
- Possible changes to the employment-based green card categories, including PERMs
- The new Form I-9 and how to complete it properly to avoid the higher penalties that are now in effect;
- How to correct I-9s that contain errors to avoid fines;
- How to handle and avoid audits from Immigration & Customs Enforcement;
- How to handle and avoid claims of immigration-related discrimination from the U.S. Department of Justice;
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and correct errors on I-9s;
- Be prepared for immigration-related government audits;
- Identify employees who may be impacted by the Trump Administrations Executive Actions on immigration;
- Understand how to comply with changing immigration laws.