Excel Agility: Budget Spreadsheets
- Webinar Date: June 5, 2018
- Webinar Time: 1:00pm - 2:40pm EDT live
- Guest Speaker: David Ringstrom
- Industry: Business Administration, Finance, Human Resources, Taxation and Accounting
- Credit: CPE 2.0
Excel expert David H. Ringstrom, CPA, shows you how to create resilient and dynamic budget spreadsheets in this informative presentation. He explains techniques and Excel features that allow you to improve the integrity of your spreadsheets, transform filtering tasks, and preserve key formulas.
David demonstrates every technique at least twice: first, on a PowerPoint slide with numbered steps, and second, in Excel 2016. He’ll draw to your attention any differences in Excel 2013, 2010, or 2007 during the presentation as well as in his detailed handouts. David also provides an Excel workbook that includes most of the examples he uses during the webcast.
Topics Typically Covered:
- Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
- Going beyond simple rounding with the ROUNDUP and ROUNDDOWN worksheet functions.
- Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
- Learning how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Avoiding the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
- Improving the integrity of spreadsheets with Excel’s VLOOKUP function.
- Learning how range names can minimize errors, save time in Excel, serve as navigation aids, and store information in hidden locations.
- Comparing the IFNA, IFERROR, and ISERROR functions and learn which versions of Excel support these worksheet functions.
- Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
- Streamlining formula writing by using the Use in Formula command.
- Apply and isolate all user entries to an inputs worksheet and protect all calculations and budget schedules on additional worksheets.
- Recall how to use range names and the Table feature to create resilient and easy-to-maintain spreadsheets.
- Identify the Excel command that allows you to streamline formula writing.
David H. Ringstrom, CPA, is an author and nationally recognized instructor who teaches scores of webinars each year. His Excel courses are based on over 25 years of consulting and teaching experience. David’s mantra is “Either you work Excel, or it works you,” so he focuses on what he sees users don’t, but should, know about Microsoft Excel. His goal is to empower you to use Excel more effectively. To learn more about David, you can view his LinkedIn profile and follow him on ... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.