Employee Discipline for Conduct Outside of Work
- Webinar Date: June 21, 2018
- Webinar Time: 1:00pm - 2:00pm EDT live
- Guest Speaker: Susan Desmond
- Industry: Human Resources
- Credit: HRCI 1.0, SHRM 1.0
Employers have enough to do in disciplining employees for on duty conduct without having to worry about employees’ off duty conduct. The line between on duty and off duty conduct is not always so bright, however. And, unfortunately, employees’ off duty conduct sometimes affects the workplace. When does an employer have the right to discipline employees for the off duty behavior?
In this webinar, you will learn:
- Types of off duty behavior that become your problem
- Dealing with sexual misconduct between employees that occurs off duty
- Dealing with off duty behavior that makes your company look bad
- Dealing with employees who have run ins with the law while off duty
- Dealing with employees use of social media while off duty
- How state lifestyle discrimination statutes may limit your rights to discipline
- Can you discipline for off duty conduct at all? Don’t employees have some right of privacy?
Susan Desmond is a principal with Jackson Lewis PC which has offices in 59 cities across the United States. Ms. Desmond has been representing management in all areas of labor and employment law since her graduation from the University of Tennessee School of Law in 1985. She is listed in Best Lawyers in America for labor and employment law and has been named by Chambers USA as one of America’s leading business lawyers. Ms. Desmond is also listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers and Louisiana Super Lawy... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.