Exit Interview Toolkit: Starting and Enhancing Your Program
An employee hands in his resignation and walks out the door and with him walks out valuable skills, knowledge, and capabilities. You are sorry to see him leave and you don’t want to lose any more like him. Also walking out is the key to how to keep good employees and how to make your business better than ever. The key is Exit Interviews.
Exit Interviews can provide critical information that only leaving employees can provide. This is information that can reduce turnover and increase retention. With this information it is possible to increase employee satisfaction, improve business systems, increase engagement and commitment, and maximize quality. Simply put, information is power, and Exit Interviews can provide strategic knowledge that you can‘t live without.
This webinar will give you all the tools you need to start your Exit Interview program or improve the one you have. It isn’t rocket science but there are best practices and considerations for doing them well. Our intent is to get you up to speed as quickly and effectively as possible.
During this webinar you will:
• Learn the 7 steps for implementing a program
• Understand the value of developing a listening culture
• Receive 13 reasons for implementing webinars
• Understand the difference between the employee’s perspective and employer’s perspective
• Receive the pros and cons of face-to-face, phone, questionnaire, and consultant interviews
• Learn who should conduct interviews and when they should be held
• Learn the value of 2nd interviews
• Receive suggestions for making the employee comfortable and getting honest answers
• State the ins and outs of questionnaire administration
• Answer how to handle involuntary terminations
• Learn when offering confidentiality can be a problem
• 15+ considerations in conducting the actual interview
• Keys to effective listening
• Importance of documentation for legal protection
• Learn considerations for analyzing and reporting information
• Learn importance of taking action and getting the most out of the interviews
In your toolkit you will receive:
• A copy of the PowerPoint slide deck
• 179 sample interview questions in 11 different areas
• A sample Exit Interview Policy for you to personalize
• A sample Exit Questionnaire
• Live question and answer period
• CEU credits
Wes Pruett is owner of HR Advisors LLC, a consulting practice that provides service to clients who seek to align their business and employees creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 20 years in senior leadership within the Mayo Health System he founded HR Advisors. Mr. Pruett provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, and employee relations. Mr. Pruett regularly facili... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.