IRS Rules for Inpat & Expat Payroll
The number of companies doing business globally is increasing an so are the issues that they will face. The issues will be especially challenging for Payroll professionals as you need to understand the strategy of your company and the international work they are performing. Adding to the complication is the fact that you need to combine that strategy with the IRS rules to make sure that employees are paid, reported and taxed correctly.
This webinar will give you all the definitions and explanations of this complicated process called international payroll. From understanding documents that should be kept for your international assignments to taxation and accounting for international employees.
- Define the payroll meaning of Inpatriates and Expatriates
- Concepts on how to handle different employer tax policies for international assignments.Best Practices for administering a Tax equalization program
- Accounting for Tax Equalization
- Overview of Non Resident work Visa’s and to handle them.
- Understand Student Visas and how they impact how you pay your employees
- What documentation employers should have and keep for all international assignments
- Explanation of Tax Treaty and Totalization agreements
- Review of the foreign earned income and housing exclusions
- Details of the IRS Bona Fide Residence test and the physical presents test and its impacts on tax calculations
Dayna is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or email@example.com.
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.