The Legal Use of Social Media, Credit Reports, Driving Records, and International Screening in Hiring
- Webinar Date: June 28, 2018
- Webinar Time: 2:00pm - 3:30pm EDT live
- Guest Speaker: Lester Rosen
- Industry: Human Resources
- Credit: HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5
Employers and recruiters have discovered a treasure trove of information on potential job applicants online. However, the unrestricted use of social media and search engines in the hiring process can be risky. This session will examine the pros and cons of utilizing social media, including what is available online, discrimination issues, the use of legal off-duty conduct, privacy, accuracy, and authenticity. Learn strategies for getting the information you may need while minimizing potential dangers.
The webinar will also give a broad overview of a number of additional background screening tools as well, including credit reports, driving records, drug testing, and international background checks.
Areas Covered in the Session:
• Learn how employers, human resources, and recruiters are using search engines and social network sites to source and screen candidates.
• Review what sites are available and what you may find.
• Understand the risks in using these sites.
• How discrimination laws and rules concerning off-duty conduct apply.
• Uncover best practices for all stakeholders: Employers, HR, recruiters, and the job applicant.
• Be introduced other important tools, such as credit reports, driving records, drug tests, and international background checks.
The non-required text for the curriculum is “The Safe Hiring Manual” (3rd Edition / January 2017 / 826 pages) by presenter Lester Rosen and is available from Amazon.
Lester S. Rosen is an attorney at law and CEO of Employment Screening Resources (www.ESRcheck.com ), a national background screening company located in California. ESR is an accredited background firm under the National Association of Professional Background Screeners (NAPBS) accreditation program. He is the author of, “The Safe Hiring Manualu2013 The Complete Guide to Employment Screening Background Checks for Employers, Recruiters, and Jobseekers (728 pages-Facts on Demand Press/2d Editi... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.