1031 and 1035 Like-Kind Exchanges
- Webinar Date: August 28, 2018
- Webinar Time: 1:00pm - 2:40pm EDT live
- Guest Speaker: Steven Mercatante
- Industry: Taxation and Accounting
- Credit: CPE 2.0
With constant revisions to information reporting rules and regulations, it is crucial to remain up-to- date with the current laws to avoid those dreaded penalties. This is particularly true when it comes to the intricacies of Internal Revenue Code Section 1031 and 1035 “like-kind” exchanges.
Attend this quick but informative webinar and get tips to remain compliant with the recent changes made to IRS Rules for 1031 and 1035 exchanges.
Learning objectives include:
- We will cover all the big changes to 1031 exchanges made by last year's new Tax Law
- Discover best practices for approaching 1031 exchanges
- Learn how to handle the intricacies of 1035 exchanges
- Understand what are taxable vs. reportable exchanges and how to avoid negative IRS interactions
- Get answers to help you understand what is gain and how to defer gains on like-kind exchanges
- Get tips for handling the treatment of certain partial exchanges
- Learn about key exceptions to reporting gains on the sale of business or investment property
- Receive guidance helping you make sure exchanges qualify under section 1031 and 1035 rules
- Discover what property qualifies for 1031 exchanges and what contracts are eligible for 1035
- exchange treatment
- Learn about time limits for 1031 exchanges and avoid IRS restrictions
- Understand when a 1035 exchanges is appropriate and when it is not
Steven Mercatante is the principal and founder of TIR Consulting, LLC. He is a nationally recognized leader in tax reporting education and consulting on specialized compliance issues. He has conducted on-site consultation for corporate clients from across the world and led countless seminars and webinars for Convey Compliance Systems, IAPP, Balance Consulting, The Accounts Payable Network, Accounts Payable Now and Tomorrow, Progressive Business Conferences, The Center For Competitive Management,... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or email@example.com.