One study reported that 86% of employees plan to pursue new jobs and employee turnover is on the rise and is expected to continue to worsen over time. In addition, over 60% of companies report having difficulty recruiting key talent. Most companies see retention as a key strategic imperative but less than half have a specific retention plan. Unfortunately most retention efforts are overly general, are expensive, and have little positive impact on turnover.
Stay/retention interviews offer a specific, targeted, and effective solution to the turnover problem. Rather than throwing money at the problem this tactic gets at the source of the retention issues by determining why each employee is likely to stay or leave and then develops an effective plan to retain valuable employees.
This webinar provides specific and useable tools for conducting stay interviews in your company. The core of the toolkit is actual interview questions in ten key areas. This process leads to a plan of action that increases the probability of retaining valuable employees. The Retention Toolkit gets at the source of the problem and allows managers and employees to work collaboratively to create realistic plan of action.
The pressing issue is that avoidable employee turnover costs companies billions and that retention interviews offer a viable solution for managing turnover risk.
- Participants will learn the specific steps and receive the necessary materials to conducting an effective retention interview
- Stay interviews are a proven method of decreasing turnover and increasing retention.
- Turnover across the country has been increasing and is expected to continue to increase resulting in increased costs and reduced company effectiveness.
- CEOs have identified employee retention as a critical business imperative and stay interviews offer a targeted and specific solution to turnover.
- Stay interviews have the benefit of increasing employee motivation, engagement, development, and empowerment.
- Retention interviews offer a targeted process for focusing retention efforts on high impact employees
- Stay interviews identify areas of retention risk and a proactive solution for managing risk.
Participants will receive a toolkit for actually conducting stay interviews. The toolkit will contain:
- Supervisor’s pre-interview form to set the stage for the interview
- Staff retention interview questionnaire
- Retention Interview Form with specific questions in 10 key areas including an individualized retention plan for each employee
- Retention tracking form
Wes Pruett is owner of HR Advisors LLC, a consulting practice that provides service to clients who seek to align their business and employees creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 20 years in senior leadership within the Mayo Health System he founded HR Advisors. Mr. Pruett provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, and employee relations. Mr. Pruett regularly facili... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or email@example.com.
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.