Visa Non-Immigration For Payroll
As a payroll professional we are being asked by our business partners to expand our knowledge past the US. Companies are going more and more global each day and as payroll professionals we need to be ready for the challenge. This webinar will give you the tools and best practices to understand how we handle employee that are in a non-immigration visa status.
- Detailed discussion on why it is critical for HR and payroll to work together on anyone being hired that is on a visa status.
- Understanding the Visa process from how companies obtain a visa for a potential employee to how to handle employees already on visas when being hired.
- Understanding student visa’s and how to tax employees.
- Discussions on what is an I-94 card and how important is that in relation to the visa
- Details of different types of work visa’s such as L-1,E,O,H-1,TN/NAFTA
- Details of different types of student visa’s such as F-1 & J-1
- Taxation issues and concerns will be discussed with each type of visa
Dayna is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or email@example.com.
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.