Taking Care of Business and Working Overtime
The advancement of technology has provided huge opportunities for employers, but it has also come with a wave of new rules and regulations that every employer needs to be aware of. With the overtime rule still up in the air, it has never been more important to stay up to date with all of the new compliance issues that have arisen. Register today and understand the current status of the changes to the federal overtime rule, and how technological changes, including changes in workplace flexibility, impact FLSA issues and overtime. Gain insight into the obligations and risks associated with FLSA and the DOL. Learn from an expert how to appropriately account for pre and post work activities, training, travel, break and lunch times. This is a must attend webinar for employers dealing with overtime issues.
- Understand what “Working Time” is under the FLSA, and when it is compensable
- Gain critical insight into before and after work activities, training and travel time
- Learn how to navigate the minefield of “On-Call” Time under the FLSA
- How to properly handle lunch and break times under the FLSA
- The impact of smart phones on overtime and wage-hour claims
- Administration and Enforcement of the FLSA with the recent changes to the DOL
- DOL Investigation Procedures under Secretary Acosta’s oversight
- Class / Collective Action examples under the FLSA
Marty Heller is Of Counsel with the firm’s Atlanta office. Marty represents public and private employers on a national, regional, and local basis in all aspects of employment litigation, including wage and hour claims, employment discrimination claims, family and medical leave claims, and employment based contractual disputes. Marty also devotes much of his practice to providing general counseling and employment advice to employers on their day-to-day employment issues, and on the implementatio... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.