HR 101 For New Managers and Supervisors
Employees are the lifeblood of companies and they often determine whether you thrive or whither on the vine. As managers, leaders, and HR professionals we are expected to know and apply the alphabet soup of federal and state laws (ADA, FMLA, Title 7, EEOC, AA, etc…..). In this case, what you don’t know really can hurt you and as employers and managers we are expected to at least know the basics. Our goal with is webinar is to demystify and make sense out of the many pieces of the puzzle.
HR 101 is just that – a 5000 foot view of the key HR components that you need to know. We will make it concise, understandable, and practical so that you have enough information to help keep you out of trouble. This program is jam packed with information plus we provide a number of handouts that will provide additional guidance after the program.
Your Benefits of Attending:
- Understand HR’s role in mission and strategy.
- Learn about key anti-discrimination laws & protected classes.
- Learn the meaning of disparate treatment and adverse impact.
- Understand what rights employers DO have.
- Gain insight into effective (and legal) recruiting and behavioral based interviewing.
- Understand the importance of goodness of fit in employee selection.
- Gain strategies for effective onboarding (includes the 4 C's of onboarding).
- Learn about the key considerations you should have when managing employees.
- Walk away with seven steps for employee recognition.
- Learn the basics of Employment At Will.
- Understand the five considerations that go into determining just cause.
- Learn about progressive discipline and why you may want to use it.
- Gain seven steps for effective corrective action.
- Learn the twelve parts of disciplinary documentation.
- Understand how to properly discipline employees.
- Gain insight into the basics of sexual harassment and how to stay out of trouble.
- Learn about quid pro quo and hostile work environment.
- Learn about FMLA and 6 things you need to remember.
- Understand the essentials of ADAAA, Reasonable Accommodation and Wage & Hour.
- Learn the seven reasons you should have an employee handbook.
Join an expert speaker who will equip your team with the tools they need to succeed (and be compliant) as new managers and supervisors. This information packed webinar is a must attend for any new supervisor or manager and most experienced managers and supervisors as well. The handouts alone are worth the price of admission.
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Credit: Available upon requet
Request Private Training
Upon submitting your request an account representive will contact you.
"This webinar was exactly what I'd hoped it would be!"
- Aurora Attendee