Creating an Engaged Workforce
An engaged workforce is a major competitive advantage for any business. It is clear that engaged workers work harder, produce more, generate greater profits, have more satisfied customers, have fewer attendance issues, and are better in almost every regard. Yet about two-thirds of employees are NOT engaged. That is a problem and an opportunity.
Simply put, employee engagement is the extent to which employees feel passionate about their jobs, are committed to the organization, and put discretionary effort into their work. Who wouldn’t benefit from a highly engaged workforce.
The good news is that we can create work environments that foster and enhance employee engagement and the result is improved business outcomes at every level. This webinar will reveal the factors that enhance and detract from employee engagement and give tangible ideas for improving your work environment
This program will cover:
- What is engagement and why it matters
- The outcomes of an engaged workforce
- The difference between satisfaction, happiness, and engagement
- Understand benefits for the business and the individual
- Foundational factors necessary for engagement to be possible.
- Factors that disengage employees
- Strategies for creating an engaged workforce
- The power of coaching and its link to engagement
- Why compensation isn’t the answer
- The link to vision, mission, and values
- How management is a major barrier to engagement
- Leadership competencies that influence engagement
- Recruiting for an engaged workforce
- Importance of creating a sense of community
- Engagement and corporate social responsibility
Wes Pruett is owner of HR Advisors LLC, a consulting practice that provides service to clients who seek to align their business and employees creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 20 years in senior leadership within the Mayo Health System he founded HR Advisors. Mr. Pruett provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, and employee relations. Mr. Pruett regularly facili... View Full Profile