Basic Accounting and Finance for the Human Resources Professional/Non-Accountant
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Melveen Stevenson
- Topic: Human Resources
- Credit: HRCI 1.0, SHRM 1.0, ATAHR 1.0, ATAOP 1.0
To strengthen the value of human resources in any company, HR professionals need to know the language of business, and that includes the financial components that have traditionally measured business progress and success. This course is designed to help you do just that.
Even if you’ve never taken an accounting or finance course, this webinar will give you the foundational understanding you need to improve your partnership and support of your internal customers, namely operations, sales, marketing, executives, and more.
You’ll learn how the valuable work that you do in HR ties in directly with the overall success of your company. And, you’ll be able to partner more closely with other functional leaders.
Areas Covered During Training:
- Learn about the importance of being able to speak the basic language of business
- Understand terminology that will help you become a more valuable business partner
- Learn and deconstruct the fundamental accounting equation and what it means
- Understand the primary financial statements, including their purpose and how they work together
- Be more conversant with executives and department leaders
- Conquer any trepidation you have about learning accounting and finance
Why Should You Attend:
Human resources is no longer the outdated-but-upgraded “personnel” department. As a full-fledged business function, it is imperative for HR professionals to understand basic accounting and finance terms, concepts, and metrics. Foundational knowledge of this nature is essential to the overall success of any human resources department, especially in its partnership with internal customers, executive leaders, and other stakeholders.
In this webinar, Melveen Stevenson, an HR expert with an accounting background, will focus on the basics of accounting and finance to help build your knowledge and understanding. She’ll walk you through the core accounting equation, explain the primary financial statements, and review key terms that will quickly get you up to speed. You’ll walk away with confidence in your abilities to be conversant in the “language of business” and be able to strengthen your skills in HR with enhanced abilities to understand the meaning behind the numbers.