Advanced Minute Taking: Motions and Voting
Do you ever second-guess yourself when taking minutes? Do you wonder if you really are completing your minutes in the proper/legal way? How much is too much information and how much isn’t enough when documenting decisions, discussions, and voting?
Minute Taking is a critical skill that needs to be learned and perfected. Just taking down what happens in the meeting isn’t going to be enough if your minutes end up in court. Learn how to protect your company and it’s officers. Discuss what needs to be captured during discussions and decisions, and why.
Your Benefits of Attending:
- Understand the proper way to document a motion.
- Gain insight into editing a motion after it has been voted on.
- Understand the voting process - including votes for and against, as well as those who abstain.
- Learn what to do when a vote is tied.
- Learn how to document amendments.
- Understand the process of online voting.
- Learn about the approval previous minutes when there are changes to the document.
- Understand who can make motions and who can't.
- Gain tips on consolidating the discussion instead of capturing who said what.
Register today and join Rhonda Scharf as she takes your minute taking skills to the next level with this one-hour advanced session on motions and voting.
Insightful… humorous… entertaining… even contagious… are all words that are used to describe Rhonda Scharf. A speaker with the uncanny ability to look at the normal and see something quite different. Rhonda is a Professional Speaker and member of the Canadian Speaking Hall of Fame, Trainer, and Author, based in Ottawa. She has spoken to tens of thousands of people in dozens of different countries. Rhonda will share some things she has learned to help you excel in your work environment, emerging ... View Full Profile