Age Discrimination in The Workplace
It is estimated that approximately half of all adults will be over the age of 50 by 2030. The ageing workforce obviously will lend itself to unique challenges – from managing an ageing workforce and, obviously, avoiding age discrimination claims.
This webinar will discuss:
- Age Claims Arising in Recruitment, including through the Use of Social Media
- Benefits of Having an Age Diverse Workforce
- Employer Obligations under the Age Discrimination and Employment Act
- Signs of Age Discrimination
- Minimizing Risks of Age Discrimination
- Compliance with the Older Workers’ Benefits Protection Act due to layoffs or termination
Susan Desmond is a principal with Jackson Lewis PC which has offices in 59 cities across the United States. Ms. Desmond has been representing management in all areas of labor and employment law since her graduation from the University of Tennessee School of Law in 1985. She is listed in Best Lawyers in America for labor and employment law and has been named by Chambers USA as one of America’s leading business lawyers. Ms. Desmond is also listed in Mid-South Super Lawyers and Louisiana Super Lawy... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.