A Back to Work Accounts Payable Plan: Tactics Every Organization Should Use when Returning from This Crisis
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Mary Schaeffer
- Topic:   Taxation and Accounting
- Credit:   SHRM 1.0, HRCI 1.0
AP Now statistics reveal that 85% of all companies had their accounts payable staffs working remotely during the coronavirus crisis. For most, the transition from office to remote usually took place over a few short days and was anything but pretty or smooth. With the possibility of returning to the office at some point in the near future, organizations need to start planning for that event. Hopefully, we’ve all learned something from going through this episode.
The return to a new normal will require additional efforts around the accounts payable function. Organizations will need to review what happened while working remotely and plan for the future. For the likelihood of this happening again is, unfortunately, high. The next time vendors are not so likely to be understanding about late payments and crooks will be even better situated to take advantage. Every organization needs to prepare. This session identifies 20 different steps every organization should take with regards to its accounts payable function. It’s not hard, you just have to do it.
After this session you will be able to:
• Identify potential weaknesses that may have facilitated fraud or led to duplicate payments,
• Pinpoint any responsibilities that may have fallen through the cracks during the crisis
• Create new processes for the future so the next time the transition will not be so harsh.
• Evaluate interim policies that may need to be implemented as the country goes through the reopening process.
• Start the transition with motivated employees.