Business Law Basics For The Accountant
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 100 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: David Osburn
- Topic:   Taxation and Accounting
This webinar will provide the accountant with a basic framework of Business Law including the judicial process. Emphasis will be placed on how the legal system can help/harm the accountant’s client including how to avoid a lawsuit through maintaining both “ethical” behavior and effective “negotiations.”
A review of the “judicial process,” alternatives to litigation including “arbitration” and “mediation,” and the client’s business structure (from a legal perspective), will be displayed.
The webinar will also cover the nature and characteristics of “contracts” (promissory note/ lease), “problem loan” situations, “collection” efforts, judgments, repossession, foreclosure, short-sale, and deed in lieu of foreclosure. Additionally, “bankruptcy” and “banking regulations” will be discussed.
This webinar is a must for all accountants who want to better understand business law basics and help their clients avoid expensive, unwanted litigation!
• The Difference between Law and Ethics and Why It Matters
• Negotiations and the Law
• The Judicial Process including the Stages of Litigation
• Alternatives to Litigation including Arbitration and Mediation
• The Client’s Business Structure and the Law
• The Nature and Characteristics of Contracts (Promissory Note/ Lease)
• Problem Loan Situations (What Happens when a “Good” Loan Turns “Bad”)
• Collections (How Hard Can a Creditor Push?)
• Judgments, Repossession, Foreclosure, Short-Sale, and Deed in Lieu of Foreclosure
• Bankruptcy Chapters (7, 9, 11, 12, and 13)
• Overview of Banking Regulations and their application to the Client
CPAs, CFO/controllers, staff accountants, financial managers, auditors, financial analysts and practitioners who provide accounting, tax or consulting services to businesses