Changing Payroll Frequencies: How It Can Be Done
The information in this presentation will allow you to gain the knowledge and insight necessary to successfully implement changes of payroll frequency for your company.
Is your company contemplating changing your payroll frequency? Legally changing payroll frequencies is permitted by the states in most cases unless it is done strictly for the purpose of avoiding overtime already worked. However, it is an arduous task and should be approached with care and a tremendous amount of research and preparation. Compliance issues such items as:
• Does the state permit the frequency?
• Are there any employee notifications required prior to the change being made?
along with related areas including issues that deal with timing, systems, and employee earnings and fringe benefit accruals that will need to be addressed before making the decision to change payroll frequency.
Areas covered in this webinar:
• Understanding the need for the change
• The choices available
• Compliance issues involved
• The change’s impact on payroll
• The change’s impact on employees
• The change’s impact on systems and procedures
• Key communication factors to include at all stages of the change
• Formulating the plan to implement the change
• Testing the change before implementation
• Implementation and the outcome
Who can Benefit:
• Payroll Executives/Managers/Administrators/Professionals/Practitioners/Entry Level Personnel
• Human Resources Executives/Managers/Administrators
• Accounting Personnel
• Business Owners/Executive Officers/Operations and Departmental Managers
• Attorneys/Legal Professionals
• Any individual or entity that must deal with the complexities and requirements Payroll Compliance and are considering making a change in Payroll Frequencies
Vicki M. Lambert, CPP, is President and Academic Director of The Payroll Advisor™, a firm specializing in payroll education and training. The company offers a payroll news service which keeps payroll professionals up-to-date on the latest rules and regulations.With over 35 years of hands-on experience in all facets of payroll functions as well as over 20 years as a trainer and author, Ms. Lambert has become the most sought-after and respected voice in the practice and management of payroll issue... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or email@example.com.
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is an approved provider through the American Payroll Association. To receive credit through the American Payroll Association for this program you MUST attend the program in its entirety.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.