Assertive Communication: Say It With Backbone... Not Bite
Assertive communication is the hallmark of a true professional. In this powerful, skill building program you will learn to communicate assertively in a variety of challenging situations so that you can be a positive role model to those you work with and for. Are you secretly afraid that you come on too strong or are you perceived as a doormat? Would you like to be seen as confident, trustworthy, and professional? Assertive communication is the key. And, assertive communication is a skill, one every professional can master.
Your Benefits of Attending:
- Understand what assertiveness is and what it is not
- Learn how to avoid the perils and pitfalls of passive-aggressiveness
- Gain clever tactics to deal with the passive-aggressiveness of others
- Gain strategies for handling difficult conversations and conflict
- Learn how to assertively say “no” – and not feel guilty
- Discover surprising words to avoid and powerful words to choose instead
- Understand proven language patterns to deal with requests for your time
- Learn how to use assertive communication to maintain control of your day and productivity
- Walk away with the best kept secrets superstars use to communicate assertively to leadership
- Learn how to build inner victory for outer communication success
Innovative Communication LeaderAs an internationally recognized communication skills expert, speaker and author, Pamela Jett works with professionals to better understand that "Words Matter" when we are looking to achieve results, make an impact and improve effectiveness. Pamela is a true innovator who takes people beyond basic theory and strategy to an unparalleled level of application.Certified Speaking ProfessionalPamela Jett has had a life-long romance with words and their effect on re... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.