Understanding Compensation and Benefits
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Wendy Sellers
- Topic:   Human Resources, Compensation and Benefits
- Credit:   HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5
Did you know that federal and state laws affect what, how and even when you pay your employees? Compensation and benefits is the first item most candidates internal or external) view when applying for a new job and often a main reason why people voluntary leave an organization.
Learning Objectives Covered During This Session:
- Understand the legal definitions of mandatory and discretionary compensation and benefits programs
- Learn about the recently updated Federal laws regarding status as an employee versus independent contractor
- Understand the Fair Labor Standards Act, exempt and non-exempt status as well as state laws
- Review work life balance, pay equity and pay for performance options
This session is crucial for any business owner, manager or HR professional in order to keep your status as a Top Employer, attract and retain employees and to keep out of court.