COVID-19 Tax Credit Updates For Payroll
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Dayna Reum
- Topic:   Taxation and Accounting, Human Resources, Payroll
- Credit:   HRCI 1.0, SHRM 1.0
Since early March of 2020 the COVID-19 pandemic has changed our world and our everyday lives. But with the US government working quickly to pass several levels of legislation has impacted employers across the country it is almost impossible for the payroll professional to keep up to date. This webinar is designed to review several legislative actions to include. On March 18, 2020, President Trump signed H.R. 6201 the Families First Coronavirus Response Act and on March 27, 2020President Trump signed into law the H.R. 748, the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act otherwise known as the CARES Act. This Act had several portions that impacted employers and payroll department.
Since March 2020 several legislations have been extended or changed with several acts passing. This webinar will give the participant the most up to date information on what employers need to know for credits and relation of legislation as of the day of the webinar. Most recently President Joe Biden signed on March 11, 2021 into law the American Rescue Plan that modified and extended several tax credits and requirements of COVID relief that will be reviewed.
- Details Around paid Sick and Family leave and how the government intended for employers to pay for it.
- What is the employer retention credit and how has it changed between 2020 and 2021
- How to properly handle the suspension of student loan garnishments
- How to complete the Form I-9 for new hires while social distancing
- Retirement Funds that employees can take out of their accounts
- What is the Form 7200 and how does the employer properly use it.
- Unemployment changes and how it impacts the employer.
Format: Recorded webcast
Instructional Method: QAS Self Study
NASBA Field of Study: Accounting
Program Prerequisites: None
Advance Preparation: None