Creating High Impact Business Reports in Excel
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 100 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Mike Thomas
- Topic:   Business Administration, Finance, Taxation and Accounting, Business Skills, Software
No matter what business you are in, a report is a critical tool in your communication armoury. As with any communication tool, presentation is everything. Get it right and it offers the reader (typically a CEO, shareholder or Project Manager) a valuable insight into the Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) upon which a business or project is measured. Get it wrong and you'll end up with something that nobody understands and nobody wants to read.
The training will focus on 4 areas - Pivot tables, charts/graphs, the Power View report addin and how to present geographic information.
In the pivot tables section, you'll learn how to create a basic pivot table, display numbers as a percentage (no formulas, arithmetic or programming required!), make the pivot table eye-catchingly appealing to read and then group the data (by month or numeric range).
In the visual communication (charts/graphs) section, you'll learn how to enhance and customize a standard chart ("from drab to fab") as well as how to create infographic-style charts using nothing but Excel.
With Excel's Power View addin (2013 and 2016 only) you'll learn how to create visual reports containing interactive charts, graphs, maps, and other visuals that bring your data to life.
The final part of the training will focus on Excel's Power Map tool (2013 and 2016 only) which lets you plot geographic (country, region, state etc) data on an interactive 3-D globe or custom map.
Why you should attend:
In this training session, you'll learn not only how to turn raw data into meaningful information but also how to present that data in a visually attractive way. This training will provide you with a solid foundation that you can use to build your own reports.
• Charts: Style and design tips and tricks to tell your story / convince your audience
• Charts: Creating powerful infographics using built-in Excel functionality
• Pivot tables: Fundamentals
• Pivot tables: Percentages in 5 clicks without formulas
• Pivot tables: Fonts, number formatting and layout options
• Pivot tables: Grouping data based on month or numeric range
• Power View: Create a visually stunning interactive report (2013 & 2016 only)
• PowerMap: An Excel addin that lets you display and analyse geographic data as a visual map (2013 & 2016 only)
Who should attend / Level
This training is categorised as intermediate-to-advanced. It is aimed at existing users of Excel who need to learn how to create visually impactful Excel reports.
The training will be delivered using Excel 2016 for Windows although for users of earlier versions, some of the functionality is available in Excel 2010 and much of the functionality is available in Excel 2013.
IMPORTANT: PowerMap and Power View are not available in Excel 2010. Not all versions of Excel 2013/2016 include Power Map and Power View. If in doubt whether this training is relevant for your version of Excel, please check with your IT department.