Effectively Delivering Performance and Disciplinary Feedback
Leaders of every level, from first time supervisors to senior executives agree that one of their most difficult responsibilities is having disciplinary, performance related or other difficult conversations. In fact, many leaders often ignore problems and hope that they will go away (and, of course, they rarely do.) Having language patterns and tools to specifically handle these tough conversations is what every leader needs and what this program provides. Loaded with practical communication tools that will work for senior level executives to first-time supervisors and even parents, this program gives you practical tools you can put to work immediately and relieve some of the stress associated with disciplinary conversations.
Get the leadership mindset to make disciplinary conversations easier:
- Learn to differentiate between “can’t do” and “won’t do” issues.
- Discover why people don’t do what they are supposed to do and how to ignite positive behavior change.
- Master the art of staying calm during difficult conversations.
Master communication tactics and language patterns to prepare for tough conversations:
- Discover the 4-step process to request behavior change.
- Learn how to use the “BCA technique” as a template for almost any difficult conversation.
- Find out why you ought to stop feeding carrots to stick people.
Learn how to manage tense conversations with difficult people:
- Discover what to say/do when tears flow.
- Learn what never to say during a disciplinary conversation - hint... it’s not what you think.
- Discover the power of silence.
- Learn how to keep records and notes so that you can hold people accountable.
- Master the art of open ended questions to gain cooperation.
Gather your team and reserve the conference room! You don't want to miss out as nationally recognized speaker Pamela Jett gives you step-by-step instructions on how to effectively handle some of your most difficult conversations.
Innovative Communication LeaderAs an internationally recognized communication skills expert, speaker and author, Pamela Jett works with professionals to better understand that "Words Matter" when we are looking to achieve results, make an impact and improve effectiveness. Pamela is a true innovator who takes people beyond basic theory and strategy to an unparalleled level of application.Certified Speaking ProfessionalPamela Jett has had a life-long romance with words and their effect on re... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.