Dress and Appearance Issues
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Susan Desmond
- Topic:   Human Resources
- Credit:   SHRM 1.0, HRCI 1.0
Many employers have policies that regulate employee appearance and dress. These policies might take the form of dress codes, uniform requirements, policies prohibiting visible tattoos or piercings, or grooming rules (such as that male employees must be clean-shaven or have short hair, or that female employees must wear makeup). Are they legal? It depends.
In this webinar, we will discuss:
- Understanding policies that may discriminate
- When is a choice regarding appearance a matter of expression or a matter of religious beliefs?
- Dress codes and First Amendment Concerns
- Immutable and mutable characteristics and dress codes
- Handling requests for exceptions to dress code policies
- EEOC Guidelines regarding dress codes