Workplace Drug Testing During a Pandemic: What Should Employers Know?
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Todd Logsdon
- Topic:   Human Resources
- Credit:   SHRM 1.0, HRCI 1.0
The opioid crisis has escalated dramatically in the past decade across the country, and those affected may also be your employees. At the same time, the marijuana legalization movement has grown, and a number of states now not only permit medical marijuana but also recreational marijuana. Making matters worse, we are in the midst of a global pandemic. With the potential for more employees to be under the influence of both legal and illegal drugs, what can employers do to maintain a safe workplace? What restrictions are there for testing employees for drug use?
This webinar will explore this issue and cover the following topics:
- The rise of the opioid epidemic and its effect on the American workplace
- The legation of recreational marijuana in several states
- Restrictions for conducting drug tests for employees
- Whether there are any OSHA implications regarding drug testing
- The role of the Americans with Disabilities Act
- Best practices for conducting drug tests and managing the results
- The impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on drug testing