Electronic Records Retention
WHO are the key players in revising or implementing a records retention regime?
WHAT could the priorities be in routinizing retention and destruction of ESI?
WHERE should one store categories of information comprising employees’ personnel “files”?
WHY invest resources in building out electronic records policies and protocols?
WHEN must routine disposition of ESI be suspended?
- Electronic Information Management (EIM) 101
- Why keeping everything is almost as dangerous as keeping nothing
- Prime considerations in implementing an effective Records Retention Program/Policy
- Retention periods warranted by some key statutes, regulations and judicial decisions
- HR-related records – significant legal rules, IT approaches and practicalities
- Personnel “files” – key retention and privacy rules of law
- Email, IM, voicemail, disaster recovery back-ups and other major EIM targets
- Rewards and risks of regime change to enable “going paperless”
- When and how to destroy electronically stored information (ESI)
Robert Brownstone is the Technology & eDiscovery Counsel and Chair of the Electronic-Information- Management Group at Fenwick & West, a 300+ attorney Silicon-Valley-based law firm specializing in providing comprehensive services to prominent technology and life sciences clients. A hybrid lawyer/technologist, Robert advises clients on retention/destruction policies and protocols, electronic discovery, EIM, information-security, data-privacy and social-media risks and rewards. A lawy... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or email@example.com.
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.