What’s in the News for Human Resources Professionals?
Wage and Hour Update
- Overview of current status of overtime rule
- Overview of NPRM, white collar rules, regular rate and joint employment
- Tip credit changes
- What to expect from 2019
- EEO-1 form reinstated
- Trends at local and state level
- Practical implications
Medical Marijuana and the Workplace
- Growing trends and reaction of current DOJ
- Implications under ADA
Supreme Court Update
- Key cases to be decided in late 2019 / early 2020
- Independent contractor updates
- Joint employer updates
FMLA / ADA
- Overview of FMLA and ADA cases from 2019 that you need to know
Marty Heller is Of Counsel with the firm’s Atlanta office. Marty represents public and private employers on a national, regional, and local basis in all aspects of employment litigation, including wage and hour claims, employment discrimination claims, family and medical leave claims, and employment based contractual disputes. Marty also devotes much of his practice to providing general counseling and employment advice to employers on their day-to-day employment issues, and on the implementation... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.