The Interactive Process Under The ADA
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Susan Desmond
- Topic:   Human Resources, Compliance and Regulatory
- Credit:   HRCI 1.5, SHRM 1.5
Following the enactment of the ADAAA, the law which made sweeping changes to the ADA, employers were required to refocus their ADA compliance efforts on the interactive process under the ADA- the sometimes lengthy dialogue with employees – to determine whether there is any reasonable accommodation which would allow the employee to perform the essential functions of the employee’s job. Since the enactment of the ADAAA, the EEOC and the courts have continued to redefine the full extent of the rights and duties of both employees and employers. This webinar will assist employers in understanding those obligations, and provide practical ways in which employers can reduce risk, increase legal compliance and better manage the productivity of their employees.
- The ADA – a law requiring a particular process for all employees that can result in different outcomes for each individual employee.
- The Supreme Court Cases limiting the definition of disability.
- The ADAAA’s as a reaction to the Supreme Court Cases
- The Interactive Process and Why It is More Important Than Ever
- What an Employer Must Show to Establish Undue Hardship
- Interaction with FMLA, WC, SSB and private disability benefits plans.
- Exercises designed to teach the interactive process