International Visas and How Payroll Should Handle Them
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Dayna Reum
- Topic:   Taxation and Accounting, Payroll
- Credit:   HRCI 1.0, SHRM 1.0
As a payroll professional when you have been told by your HR department that they hired a new associate with an H1B visa, your response probably was ok so what does that mean? In the past we didn’t have to worry about our employee’s nationalization status for purposes of payroll.
More companies are now expanding their recruiting worldwide to find the best talent, it is becoming more and more critical for payroll professionals to understand non-immigrant concerns and how it affects how we pay employees.
- Detailed discussion on why it is critical for HR and payroll to work together on anyone being hired that is on a visa status.
- Understanding the Visa process from how companies obtain a visa for a potential employee to how to handle employees already on visas when being hired.
- Understanding taxation concerns for non-immigrant workers.
- Discussions on what is an I-94 card and how to review them.
- Details of different types of work visa’s such as L-1,E,O,H-1,TN/NAFTA
- Details of different types of student visa’s such as F-1 & J-1