Multi-State Payroll Taxation
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Date: August 5, 2021
- Webinar Time: 12:00pm - 1:00pm EDT live
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Dayna Reum
- Topic:   Taxation and Accounting
- Credit:   CPE 1.0, HRCI 1.0, SHRM 1.0
Understanding how to calculate tax for employees in 2 or more states can be confusing. Plus what state laws for payroll need to be followed when employing employees in more than one state.
To better understand the laws in each state and the tax guidance on how to determine taxation when employees live in one state and work in another. Or for employees that work in multiple states for travel for work. Also other state laws that affect payroll will be discussed.
This webinar will be tailored to employers that have a large amount of employees that may telecommute across state borders and how employers can manage the tax liability for those employees. Especially when these employees perform work in multiple states
Discussion on work from home policies due to the COVID19 pandemic and how it impacts state taxation.
Areas to be covered:
- Telecommuting and why it creates a tax liability for employers
- Reciprocity Agreements
- Resident/Non Resident Withholding Rules
- Evaluating taxation for multiple states
- What wages are subject to taxation?
- Withholding compliance issues.
- State Unemployment Insurance
- Traveling Employees
- Administrative Concerns
- HR Concerns
- Local tax residency rules
- Case Studies
Format: Live webcast
Instructional Method: Group: Internet-based
NASBA Field of Study: Accounting
Program Prerequisites: None
Advance Preparation: None