New Supervisors: Going from Surviving to Thriving
The transition from staff to “supervisor” can be daunting. Join communication skills expert Pamela Jett as she shares the critical skills required to not only survive, but to thrive in a new supervisory role. Loaded with practical tools and techniques designed to enhance a new supervisor’s leadership communication, delegation and time management, as well as techniques to acquire the supervisor’s mindset and image. This powerful 60-minute program gets immediate results!
Critical skills to ease the transition from “staff” to supervisor:
- Discover powerful tools to manage “friends” and former colleagues.
- Master 3 tools to make communication easier, with everyone... every time.
- Leverage the power of “boundary statements” to enhance productivity.
Discover how to manage time and priorities for maximum success:
- Learn how to prioritize effectively by understanding 4 key activity types.
- Unlock your peak performance with 10-time management tools successful people use.
- Master the art of “stewardship” delegation to get things done on time and on target.
Essential tools for tough conversations, performance feedback, and other supervisory challenges:
- Discover what to say/do when tears flow.
- Learn what never to say during a disciplinary conversation - hint... it’s not what you think.
- Discover language patterns to make disciplinary conversations easier.
- Learn how to keep records and notes so that you can hold people accountable.
- Master the art of open-ended questions to gain cooperation.
Don't merely survive as a first time supervisor. Join Pamela Jett as she guides you through how to thrive in your new role.
Innovative Communication LeaderAs an internationally recognized communication skills expert, speaker and author, Pamela Jett works with professionals to better understand that "Words Matter" when we are looking to achieve results, make an impact and improve effectiveness. Pamela is a true innovator who takes people beyond basic theory and strategy to an unparalleled level of application.Certified Speaking ProfessionalPamela Jett has had a life-long romance with words and their effect on re... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.