How to Succeed as a One-Person HR Department
An “HR Department Of One” Job Description reads as follows - Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Must enjoy interpreting laws yet can effectively deal with drama and emotions;
- Must love unscripted chaos yet be a planner;
- Must be adept at technology yet know when to pick up the phone or have a face to face meeting;
- Must be able to delegate even without a team;
- Must enjoy being neutral yet be able to take a stance.
This session will cover all of these items as well as unveil opportunities for internal delegating and affordable outsourcing that may effectively save your sanity while increasing your productivity and overall results.
- Get organized and prepared for what you can control
- Understanding planned and unscripted chaos
- Use technology to increase productivity
- Stay neutral and not taking sides (until you have to)
- Delegate to managers regarding employee’s performance and behavior
- Use your resources & outsource effectively and affordably
Wendy Sellers, MHR, MHA, SHRM-SCP, SPHR has 25 years’ experience in HR, change management, operations, strategy, corporate culture and leadership development in all size business (local startup to global enterprise) in a wide variety of industries including healthcare, professional services, higher education, federal contractors, manufacturing, construction, engineering, public safety, non-profit and government agencies (to name a few).When Wendy says “Suck It Up, Buttercup”, this means you are ... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.