Handling COVID-19 OSHA Complaints
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Chantell Foley
- Topic:   Human Resources
- Credit:   HRCI 1.0, SHRM 1.0
As COVID-19 cases and deaths continue to rise, so too does the number of complaints to state and federal Occupational Safety and Health (OSHA) agencies from employees regarding COVID-19 safety measures in the workplace (or lack thereof). In fact, by the end of 2020, employees throughout the nation had made more than 11,000 COVID-19-related complaints to federal OSHA and over 39,000 COVID-19-related complaints to state OSHA agencies. This session will cover what employers need to know to help protect employees from illness and to help avoid potential citations.
- Learn how OSHA responds to employee complaints.
- What to expect if OSHA conducts an on-site inspection or a Rapid Response Inspection.
- Best practices for drafting an Infection Control Plan or COVID-19 Response Plan.
- Steps to make sure your organization is in compliance with OSHA and/or CDC guidance, including social distancing, Guidelines for Cleaning and Disinfecting the workplace, and quarantining employees who have an exposure to a confirmed COVID-19 case.