Meeting and Beating the Triple Threat of Pay Equity Claims
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Miranda Watkins
- Topic:   Human Resources
- Credit:   HRCI 1.0, SHRM 1.0
Pay equity issues continue to concern employers--and with good reason. The Equal Pay Act has been reinvigorated by recent political and legislative initiatives. A number of bellwether states have enacted robust pay equality statutes, with more legislation on the horizon. Class actions for gender pay gaps under the Equal Pay Act and Title VII are on the rise. Even though the proposed EEO-1 pay reporting requirements in the U.S. were rescinded, companies with global operations may need to post their compensation pay gaps on the internet.
In this interactive presentation, we will cover the three key compensation threat areas:
1. Federal, state and local, and internal organizational compliance,
2. Litigation challenges, and
3. How to conduct a compensation self-audit that provides real support for the company’s business objectives.
Questions we will consider include:
- Which policies and procedures do we need to review?
- How should we reconcile conflicting legal requirements?
- What are the best practices for setting initial compensation?
- How can we most efficiently track our internal compensation decisions?
- Who should be included in compensation decision making?
- And more….