Payroll and Tax Reform
Payroll Professionals everywhere have heard over US Media about the new Tax Reform bill, called the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act. But as a payroll professional do you really understand the impact of this bill to your companies and employees. The IRS is not expected to release official guidance until the end of January, but employers are encouraged to put them in effect so employees see the change as soon as February. Tax Reform is one of the most impactful tax changes to the US and US employers in decades.
This webinar will give you everything you need to know to understand what is changing and how to implement at your organizations. As a participant you will learn everything you need to know and understand how companies need to update how they process and handle payroll for employees.
- Review of what the Tax Reform bill is changing
- Outline how these changes impact other payroll related processes that you may not have thought about.
- Review of the IRS official guidance that is to be released late January
- Understand how employers can comply and handle changes that are to be implemented in such a short period of time.
- Learn best practices on how to communicate to employees how these changes impact them.
- Plus how to properly handle questions to make sure employers are not held liable for bad information.
- Details of changes to taxation on certain fringe benefits and clarification on taxation of other fringe benefits.
- Review of potential form changes
- Understand all the Federal withholding changes to include, Supplemental Taxation, Back up withholding, Non-resident Aliens, Form W-4
- Review of how the tax reform bill impacts the calculation of Federal Tax Levies
- Changes in Fringe Benefits to include, Transportation, Moving Expenses, Employee Achievement Awards, Legal Settlements, Wage Advance's and Repayments
- Details of how Equity Compensation-Stock and RSU payment taxation is changing
Dayna is currently the Payroll Tax Manager at PetSmart Inc. Dayna has been heavily involved in the payroll field over 15 years. Starting as a payroll clerk at a small Tucson company, Dayna moved on to be a Payroll Team Leader at Honeywell Inc. During Dayna’s time at Honeywell she obtained her FPC (Fundamental Payroll Certification) through the American Payroll Association. She also received several merit awards for Customer Service and Acquisitions and Divestitures. Dayna is no stranger to teach... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.