Excel: Power Pivot – Gain Better Insights into Your Data
Power Pivot, a free add-in for Excel, written by Microsoft, puts the "power" into Pivot Tables (hence the name!). Power Pivot removes many of the limitations and frustrations that many advanced users find with Pivot Tables. For example, using Power Pivot you can…
- Create Pivot Tables from multiple Excel-based lists without using VLOOKUP
- Create Pivot Tables from large datasets without worrying about file size or performance
- Combine together related data from multiple data sources (Excel, database, text file, etc) into a single Pivot Table
- Create powerful calculations on the data in your Pivot Tables
In this training, you will learn, using practical examples, how Power Pivot provides Business Intelligence functionality & reporting within the familiar environment of Excel.
- Importing data into Power Pivot - the why and how
- Using the Data Model to create and manage relationships
- The benefits of using the Data Model
- Creating a Pivot Table from related Excel tables
- Creating a Pivot Table from related data sources (including external sources)
- Creating Calculated Columns using DAX
Who Should Attend
This training is aimed at users of Excel (2010 and above for Windows) who wish to learn about Power Pivot. Attendees should have at least intermediate knowledge of Excel and be familiar with formulas and creating Pivot tables.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Power Pivot may not be available for your version of Excel. If you are unsure whether this training is relevant for your version of Excel, please check with your IT department.
Mike Thomas has worked in the IT training business for 26 years. His expertise and experience covers designing and delivering training courses, creating written training materials (Quick Reference Guides and step-by-step tutorials), recording and editing video-based tutorials and providing support to users. He is a subject matter expert in a range of Microsoft technologies including Microsoft Office, Lync/Skype for Business and SharePoint. He has extensive experience of working with Cloud-based ... View Full Profile
Aurora Training Advantage is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
For more information regarding administrative policies such as complaint and refund, and cancellation please contact our offices at 407-542-4317 or email@example.com.