Excel: Power Query - How to Import and Clean Data Quickly
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 100 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Mike Thomas
- Topic:   Business Administration, Business Skills, Software, Taxation and Accounting
Do you import data into Excel from other sources (such as CSV files, text files, web pages, databases or SharePoint)?
Does the data that you import need to be "cleaned" before it can be used? (cleaning refers to things like removing duplicate rows, removing blank rows, removing unnecessary columns, converting case, changing date formats and more).
Do you spend more time than necessary performing data cleaning tasks?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, you need to learn how to use Power Query!
Why you should attend
If you work with, analyze and generate reports from large datasets, having a good understanding and working knowledge of Power Query is a must!
- Importing data into Excel from sources such as text files, web pages and databases
- Avoiding Excel’s "million-rows limitation” by connecting to external data sources
- Updating the imported data (when the source data changes) with two clicks
- Creating Pivot Tables from external data sources
- Using the Query Editor to quickly clean and transform data to make it useable
- Using the Query Editor to create calculated columns