How to Regard Powers of Attorney
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 60 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Franklin Drake
- Topic:   Finance, Business Administration, Taxation and Accounting
Powers of Attorney have become a convenient, do-it-yourself legal expedient for families with aged or infirm members. Access to accounts, health care decisions and government benefits applications via POA are all simpler than coaxing a signature from a demented grandparent.
Lenders, financial institution and health care providers are confronted with an assortment of home-made and professionally-prepared Powers of Attorney. Many are unsure of what they must do, what they can require, and what they must not do to accommodate the applicant without exposing themselves to potential liability. This program will explain the salient features of the Uniform Powers of Attorney Act applicable in many states. It will also explain the “military” power of attorney often used by service members nationwide. What to look for, what to avoid, what to require and who to listen to, are all included in a practical program presented by a lawyer who has advised and represented consumer lenders and depository institutions for 38 years.
Your Benefits of Attending:
- Gain an understanding of why Powers of Attorney is so important to you
- Reduce your liability with a step-by-step guide for handling POA applicants
- Walk through the differences of the Uniform Powers of Attorney Act and the "military" powers of attorney and why that matters
- Identify the transactions relying on POA that present the greatest risks
- POA has been revoked. Now what?
Franklin will open up the floor to questions at the end of this event so come armed with the questions you need answered. Register today and join an expert as he takes you step-by-step through through Powers of Attorney and why they are important to understand.