How to Process an IRS B-Notice
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 100 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Steven Mercatante
- Topic:   Taxation and Accounting
IRS B-Notice processing rules are always tricky. Questions regarding where to start, who to contact, and when are among those that frequently cause confusion. Whether you are new or seeking an update this course will provide CPA’s, Accounts Payable, Payroll, and Tax professionals with plain English guidance to help you and your organization process IRS B-Notice’s with confidence.
The program will discuss the steps you need to take in response when you receive IRS B-notices, and what to do the first time you get a B-Notice for a particular vendor versus the second time. This program will also cover how the IRS name-TIN matching process works and how you can proactively create policies and procedures to lessen the number of B-Notices your organization receives each year. The bulk of the program will cover procedures your organization must follow in processing IRS B-Notices received because mistakes in your filing or because of the payor refusal to provide needed information as well as the establishment of procedures for the correct processing of B-Notices.
- Reminders and what’s new in B-Notice processing
- IRS B-Notice processing timelines
- Reasons for receiving a B-Notice list and how to cut down on such notices
- Step-by-step tips for performing your own due diligence prior to reaching out to vendors
- B-Notice related TIN solicitation best practices in first B-Notice situations
- Guidance on how to recognize when you are in a second B-Notice situation and what to do in response
- B-Notice response do’s and don’ts
- A discussion of how to recognize differences between B-Notice and penalty notice procedures