Retaining Millennials in Today’s Workplace
During this informative webinar, you will learn why Millennial and other employees stay or leave and learn practical techniques you can use to retain the best employees.
The good news is that Millennial prefer to stay with the same company and they will if given the right environment and opportunities. There are strategies and tactics that can improve retention rates.
More than 60% of Millennials leave their company in less than three years and their turnover is greater than any other generation. In addition there are now more Millennials than Baby Boomers in the workforce. 60% are open to a different job and 36% will look for a new job in the next year. No question they have their own style, attitudes, and beliefs. Unfortunately most companies don’t have a focused retention strategy to retain these important employees.
The Millennial generation is a force to be reckoned with. They are talented, innovative, entrepreneurial, and creative. They are also highly mobile and prone to job hopping. Retaining top talent is a key business imperative and old strategies are no longer effective.
In this Webinar you will learn:
- Why Millennial employees stay or leave
- How to measure turnover
- The relationship of compensation to employee satisfaction and motivation
- The relationship of leadership to retention and turnover
- How to create a workplace "community"
- Why recruitment and interviewing are important in managing turnover
- The importance of "Stay interviews"
- 135 ideas for reducing turnover
- 10 steps toward great retention
- Ideas for more effective onboarding
- Importance of realistic job previews
- 7 steps to giving effective recognition
- Linking benefits to retention
- The 5 components of the retention model
- Keys for millennial retention
Upon completion of this session, you will be able to:
- Cite factors that contribute to Millennial employee turnover
- Identify strategies for retaining employees
- Understand the link between leadership, employee satisfaction, and turnover
- Measure employee turnover
- Cite three factors that contribute to employee motivation
- Understand the priorities of the Millennial generation
Wes Pruett is owner of HR Advisors LLC, a consulting practice that provides service to clients who seek to align their business and employees creating successful outcomes and excellent work environments. After 20 years in senior leadership within the Mayo Health System he founded HR Advisors. Mr. Pruett provides solutions to companies for a wide variety of HR issues including compensation, compliance, policy development, performance management, and employee relations. Mr. Pruett regularly facili... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.