The SECURE Act 2020
Webinar Details $219
- Webinar Length: 90 Minutes
- Guest Speaker: Chelsea Deppert
- Topic:   Human Resources
- Credit:   SHRM 1.5, HRCI 1.5
In December of 2019, the federal government passed the most far-reaching pension reform legislation in 13 years. The Setting Every Community Up for Retirement Enhancement (SECURE) Act of 2019 offers many new opportunities for older Americans to maintain access to tax-advantaged accounts by modifying distribution rules, easing administrative requirements, and more. However, the law also imposes numerous new requirements on plan sponsors, many of which are effective January 1, 2020.
This webinar will discuss the SECURE Act’s sweeping provisions and help you navigate the new policy changes.
- Learn the major provisions of the SECURE Act, including new rules relating to distributions, reporting, safe harbor 401(k) plans, multiple employer plans, and administrative relief for automatic enrollment plans, safe harbor plans and frozen pension plans.
- Understand the new requirements imposed on plan sponsors and the various deadlines for compliance.
- Discuss potential administrative pitfalls and best practices.