Stimulus 2.0: Critical Developments for Employers in 2021
From the persistence of COVID-19 to vaccines to the change in administration, the challenge of managing workplaces when requirements and expectations of employers change daily is at the forefront of 2021. Recently, federal lawmakers agreed to a second round of stimulus legislation in a nearly 6,000-page bill which allocates $900 billion in economic relief to businesses and workers across the country.
This webinar, Stimulus 2.0, focuses on what employers need to know about critical developments related to the new COVID-19 stimulus including the following:
- Updates to the revamped Paycheck Protection Program (PPP)
- Purchase and distribute COVID-19 vaccines
- COVID-19 testing
- Expansion of unemployment assistance
- Federal support to governments and non-profit organizations
- Voluntary leave tax credits
- Other tax & benefit-related provisions
- 2019 earned income tax credit
- Deductibility of business meals (Three Martini Lunch)
- Employee Retention Tax Credit
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Patrick Dennison is a partner in the Pittsburgh office and is a member of the Workplace Safety and Catastrophe Management Practice Group. Patrick’s practice focuses on defending companies in regulatory enforcement and compliance issues in federal, state, and administrative venues. Patrick’s experience also extends to various labor and employment matters, including representing employers in discrimination and wrongful termination cases. Additionally, Patrick provides companies with training in sa... View Full Profile
This program has been approved for credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org.
Aurora Training Advantage is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM or SHRM-SCPSM. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.